11 p.m. Wednesday update:
- KRON live chatters say burn is up to 900 acres.
- Somebody aggregated Google News, Flickr and Twitter posts.
- Official name: Martin fire. From the latest Cal Fire update (7:45 p.m).
- Location: Bonny Doon and Martin Road, near Hwy 9
- Acres Burned: 300
- Containment 0% containment – 300 acres
- Threatened: 1,000 residences and 50 outbuildings are currently threatened.
- Evacuations: Evacuations in effect for Ice Cream Grade Road, Martin Road, Moon Rock Road, Smith Grade and Pine Flat Road.
- Bonny Doon Fire pictures at Flickr.
- Santa Cruz Sentinel offers a bunch of quick hits — like a staffer getting temporarily trapped. “The fire was getting ready to sweep over the house and we were getting ready to jump in the pool,” Coyro said.
Map from the Merc:
CDF is calling it the Martin Fire. Evacuations in effect for Ice Cream Grade Road, Martin Road, Moon Rock Road and Pine Flat Road.
(I”m at work so I’ll be busy with other news; if you know anything, please say so in the comments.)
Let’s hope for calm winds. Gonna be a long summer.
Calipidder posted this pic of a smoke plume live from Highway 17 (let’s hear it for Blackberries and Twitter; though perhaps not while behind the wheel).
More interesting links at this Google blog search.