The other day I organized all my local RSS feeds so I could easily plop some links in here. These days there’s plenty to work with. A few links from the past few weeks to ponder this morning:
- Non-local exception granted to Jason Klass, the Don of DIY, who tells how to make your own carbon-fiber hiking poles on the cheap.
- Stop in and give Trailspotting a belated birthday greeting.
- Speaking of belated, Dave Miller’s birdwatching outing at Coyote Hills from a couple weeks back is worth a look.
- Even more belated: Gambolin’ Man’s trip to the Mount Tam watershed.
- Speaking of Marin, Hiking in Heels dropped in on Bear Valley at Point Reyes.
- Fedak did the Mount Sizer Loop at Henry Coe loop the other day. The terrain profile is choice.
- Cactus Eaters author Daniel White has events in San Jose, San Francisco and Sebastapol coming up.
- Camping Blogger tells how to save bucks by avoiding non-essential gear.
- Victoria at Flirty ‘n’ Dirty is up and around again after fracturing an ankle a couple months back.
- Uncooped lists tips for surviving an avalanche.
- Randy’s Waypoints got a bunch of nice trail miles in last week around the Bay Area. Great pix!
If I missed yours, drop a link in the comments.
(Bonus link: Deb’s Search and Rescue stories. Excellent stuff from a Appalachian Trail veteran who now volunteers for an Arizona SAR operation.)