I’ve added five new ones since my last update.
- Castle Rock State Park – This is the Saratoga Gap Trail route to the campground and back.
- Flag Hill Loop, Sunol Wilderness — Find out why this steep climb is actually a kid-friendly hike.
- Waterfall tour of Uvas Canyon — hey, it’s where I learned how to take those snazzy waterfall-blur pictures.
- Wonders of Wildlife at Point Lobos State Reserve – how many ways can you call a place drop-dead gorgeous?
- Top Wildlife Watching Sites in the San Francisco Bay Area — A bundle of four guides: Tomales Point, Marin Headlands, Año Nuevo and Point Lobos. UPDATE: Check out Tom Clifton’s Birder’s Guide to Point Lobos.
I’m going to start moving on to trails on this end of the country pretty soon, but I may have a few more Bay Area guides in me. I don’t feel like I know the local trails well enough to write about them for money just yet.