Lately I’m writing B2B tech content marketing copy for agencies, technology companies and a few other select niches. I talk about that in more detail at Verb Nerd Industries:
The rest of this page is from 2013 — I got so busy I didn’t have time to update this page for four years. That’s the best kind of excuse.
Most of these are former clients today.
I write and edit for an eclectic mix: a financial newsletter publisher, an association of fitness professionals, an educational content provider, three content marketing agencies and a couple clients who require confidentiality.
See my Portfolio for samples.
TrimTabs Investment Research
- Edit a weekly report on international stock market fund flows
- Write weekly reports on flows to U.S. stock and bond mutual funds, short interest and trading volume in futures for gold, oil, Treasury notes and the Nasdaq.
- Write monthly reports on hedge fund flows and the market sentiments of hedge fund managers.
IDEA Health and Fitness Association
- Substantive editing for the print journal.
- Substantive editing and copy editing for several monthly email newsletters.
- Writing headlines and breaking out sidebars when necessary.
Topics include biomechanics, fitness nutrition, the physiology of exercise, exercise technique and the business end of personal training.
- Editing and managing subject matter expert blog written by a veteran principal.
- Editing and managing niche education technology blog.
- Editing SEO articles for a regional university.
Reputation Capital Media Services
Reputation Capital is a boutique inbound-marketing agency in Baton Rouge, La., that provides articles to a host of brands including Monster.com and several websites in the technology and human-resources sectors. Assignments:
- Writing articles on careers and job trends for Monster.com
- Writing blog posts on the role of editors in content marketing for the agency’s blog.
- Contributing to white paper projects on request.
- Editing for Marriott travel and leisure copy.
- Editing blog posts and SEO copy for an industrial instruments provider.
- Editing website copy for provider of industrial meat-packaging products.
- Writing website copy for a local liberal arts college.
- Writing blog posts on business-class two-way radios and wireless networks.
- Writing and editing ebooks on VoIP phone networks for small and medium-sized businesses.
I also do editing and ghostwriting for a few clients I am obliged to keep confidential. I sign NDAs and reveal my work only to the clients.
- Priceline.com: Edited thousands of website articles and trained a dozen new writers for a hotel-marketing project.
- EveryTrail: Wrote more than 100 GPS-enabled hiking and travel guides for smartphones and the website. These guides have been read more than 1 million times from late 2009 to date.
- Trailspace.com: Wrote a series of profiles of cottage-industry gear manufacturers.
See my Portfolio for samples.
What I do: