Hikers in the San Francisco Bay Area are crazy about their dogs, but many parks in the region (especially state parks) are not so crazy about dogs on trails (how could they be worse than horses? Go figure). These are some of the most useful links I’ve found:
- Jane Huber covers dog-friendly parks in some detail at bahiker.com
- Here’s a dog trainer’s page of off-leash parks in Silicon Valley.
- Many great dog-related links at this page, peppered with info on a few local parks.
- More general Bay Area dog-related info, centered more on San Francisco.
Go buy the book
- Maria Goodavage’s Dog Lovers Companion to the Bay Area gets good reviews at Amazon.com.
- Thom Gabrukiewicz’s Best Hikes With Dogs Bay Area is also worth a look.