I haven’t done this in ages, and nobody has complained, but what the heck, let’s have a round-up of what’s happening in the outdoor blogosphere.
On the local scene:
- Calipidder’s redesign puts a pretty wrapper on many impressive improvements at her site: An emerging California wildflowers page and a massive PhotoMap of all the places she’s been.
- Trailspotting continues to impress me, with nifty implementation of GPS and Google maps.
- Winehiker samples poetry of his youth.
- WildeBeat goes for the grizzlies.
- Fedak did some
trail maintenancemarijuana-patch restoration in Ventana Wilderness.
- Hike Half Dome points to an interesting cable show about Yosemite.
- Two Bay Area hikers have started their Pacific Crest Trail through-hike.
On the national scene
- Outdoorzy profiles new stuff from WigWam, my favorite brand of socks.
- Uncooped looks at tin foil campfire cooking.
- Little Po got roughed up on a rock face.
- Sara at Freezerbag Cooking writes about her first backpacking trip.
On the international scene
- Rocky points to some cool Everest photos
- Globetrotting Rick from Calgary profiles a great Hawaii hike.
- Here’s a guy walking around the world.
On the gear scene
- Take a Load Off got his base pack weight down to 10 pounds and change.
- GoBlog delights in the fall of the house of Croc.
- Outside blog looks at non-toxic water bottles.