Is there a more spectacular mountain range in North America than the Grand Tetons? I’d have a hard time imagining it.Having seen Yosemite, Zion and the Grand Canyon, I feel like Grand Teton National Park has to be next on my list.
Where would I start looking for prospective hikes? First I’d check the EveryTrail destinations page. More promising links:
- National Park Service Grant Teton hikes page.
- Grant Teton N.P. hikes/climbs page.
- Backpacker.com recommended loops.
- Smoky Scout’s Grand Teton Adventure
- Rick McCharles’ Best Hike in the Grand Tetons.
- The Lodges of Grand Teton National Park.
- Lou Dawson on ski mountaineering at Grand Teton.
Questions I’d want answered:
- When is the best time to go?
- What would you consider a must visit and a must/avoid?
- If you could do only one day-hike, which would it be?
- What are the standard precautions?
I’m sure a bunch of you have been there a bunch of times. Please weigh in with answers and links if you’ve got a minute.