National Trails Day, sponsored by the American Hiking Society (which still shows me no love despite 1,762 posts and 27 pages promoting the cause they hold dearest), has oodles of trail happenings in the Bay Area. Among the highlights:
- San Francisco: Hike the Ridge Trail Through San Francisco
- Santa Rosa: Trail Work at Hood Mountain
- Glen Ellen: Hike Jack London State Park
- American Canyon: National Trails Day in Newell Preserve
- Vallejo: King-Swett Ranch Hike
- San Jose: Trail work on Stiles Ranch Trail
- Peninsula: Peters Creek Walk in Long Ridge OSP
- Activities: In celebration of National Trails Day and the Trail Center’s 25th Anniversary, we will be hosting a trail build, BBQ and campout in Memorial Park. All volunteers are invited for a weekend of trailbuilding, camping and celebration of this event.
- Berkeley; Redwood Regional Park
- Concord; Mt. Diablo State Park
- Corte Madera; Tennessee Valley
- Fremont; Mission Peak Regional Preserve
- Mountain View; El Corte de Madera Open Space Preserve
- San Francisco; Golden Gate National Recreation Area
- Saratoga; Santa Teresa Park
Also, a Los Angeles Times blogger mentions some SoCal events.
Finally, GORP has a Trails Day page.