Since I had such great feedback on yesterday’s post about Grand Teton National Park, I figured why not add some links for Glacier as well:
- A Slow Hiker’s Guide to Glacier National Park
- North Circle, which Best Hikes calls one of the 10 best in the world.
- National Park Service’s hiking page.
- Glacier Association Bookstore
- Glacier N.P. hiking page.
- Backpacker Magazine’s recommended Glacier National Park hikes.
- EveryTrail destination page
- Highway to the Sun page.
- Blog post: Grizzly encounter at Glacier.
What I’d want to know before going to Glacier:
- Which areas are losing the most ice from global warming?
- What’s the best thing to do if you spot a bear on the trail?
- How much of the park is accessible by season? Is it all inaccessible in winter?
- What’s the best moderate day hike for somebody touring the Northern Rockies?
Please chime in with your Glacier experiences.